J. Walter Thompson New York – Job Located in New York, NY
At J. Walter Thompson we create pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business. We have been connecting brands with consumers and creating engaging stories that shift behavior for over 150 years. We currently have over 200 offices in 90 countries that contain 10,000 of the brightest minds in the business. We owe our growing success to the adoption of a set of simple principles we refer to as the 4 C's: curiosity, collaboration, capability and courage. It is the embodiment of these traits that makes J. Walter Thompson unique. It is also what we look for in potential new hires.
J. Walter Thompson Atlanta is seeking an Account Executive for the United States Marine Corps Account. The Account Executive will be part of a District Team, with each member operating out of their respective District while working from home and reporting to the main office in Atlanta. The role includes but is not limited to daily client contact and integration with JWT teams in Atlanta as well as corresponding District Team counterparts. Working directly with the Region's District Team Account Supervisor and appropriate department points of contact are essential. The Account Executive provides daily coordination between all departments of JWT and all partner agencies, effectively delivering full agency capabilities and solutions to local clients, establishing local marketing priorities, assisting in the development and execution of yearly District plans, and implementing steps to achieve deliverables for the agency and the client.
This position is located in the New York/New Jersey Area.
A Day in the Life:
- Oversee completion of all projects and assignments, ensuring strategic/brand integrity, while partnering with all necessary agency disciplines to ensure optimal distribution of resources, timeliness, accuracy, budget and government compliance
- Responsible for the accuracy and clarity of any written document, including creative and production briefs, conference reports and marketing plans, before submission to agency leadership and the client
- Capability to create and deliver presentations (written and verbal), both internally to agency leadership, peers, and colleagues across departments, and to clients
- Participate in client activities, both on an as-required basis and in conjunction with agency-recommended or pro-active opportunities to increase brand knowledge, client culture immersion or business development; examples include, but are not limited to: client training, conferences, planning sessions, client culture events, shadowing client operations
- Conversant in all media types, including a baseline ability to understand and integrate diverse media vehicles to deliver a brand message to the client's consumer base
- Primary client, agency and partner contact for field & local level operations at the District level
- Self-starter and capable of independent operations on a daily basis, maintaining remote but intact communications and working relationships with all client contacts and agency leadership
- Evaluation of local, District and National proposals for new advertising programs (vendor solicitations, field requests, and ad hoc initiatives); includes soliciting assistance of national resources to complete evaluations
- Assist with the annual recruitment marketing planning process at the District level by soliciting District Commanding Officer's intent and Marketing and Public Affairs Officer (MPAO) goals, and assessing local marketing challenges
- Act as liaison between client field personnel and full range of agency capabilities, soliciting and providing marketing support information and capabilities to customize advertising support against local Commanders' objectives
- Ensure proper District activation of National programs through coordination of creative requirements, JWT and client approvals, and timely execution to support District mission requirements
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of national level programs and initiatives in order to educate local District clients of all brand activity
What You'll Need:
- Experience. Let's start with 2 to 3 years in in the advertising industry or related marketing experience
- Self-motivated/demonstrated pattern of initiative and independent thought
- Proactive in dealing with challenges head on and in compliance with company policy
- Excellent people and management skills, team-oriented with a strong attitude to succeed
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Professional appearance and persona
- Understands and is conversant in all the steps necessary to complete each stage of a job through all agency departments (Account Management, Project Management, Strategic Planning, Creative, Experience, Analytics, and Content Production) in order to deliver all aspects of a project on time and successfully
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Experience working remotely, without in-person daily supervision, and across various time zones
- Writing samples may be requested after initial interview
- Position requires approximately 50% travel
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.