Client Finance Analyst (Temp to Perm)
J. Walter Thompson New York – Job Located in New York, NY
At J. Walter Thompson we create pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business. We have been connecting brands with consumers and creating engaging stories that shift behavior for over 150 years. We currently have over 200 offices in 90 countries that contain 10,000 of the brightest minds in the business. We owe our growing success to the adoption of a set of simple principles we refer to as the 4 C's: curiosity, collaboration, capability and courage. It is the embodiment of these traits that makes J. Walter Thompson unique. It is also what we look for in potential new hires.
As a Finance Analyst in JWT’s NY Client Finance Department, you will be responsible for the day-to-day support of all budgetary and financial issues relating to your assigned clients. You serve as a backbone of support the finance directors and managers.A Day in the Life:
· Manage billing processes including reviewing estimates, client invoices, and communicating appropriate detail to clients
· Prepare and review quarterly reconciliations/analysis for clients including project status reports, time of staff reports, and billing statements
· Lead meetings with Account Management teams to monitor accounts receivables and work in progress
· Prepare fee proposals
· Coordinate with Production and Billing departments to ensure that jobs stay within budget and accurate costs have been applied to jobs
· Submit invoices and track PO’s through the client’s invoice tool
·Manage client budgets via production costs and fees
· Occasionally support client audits by providing documentation and analysis
· Work on special ad-hoc projects and administrative supportWhat You’ll Need:
· Experience. Let’s start with a Bachelor’s Degree and 1-2 years of finance/accounting experience. Client Finance and Advertising/Media experience is desirable. Surprise us with the equivalent!
· A thorough understanding of Microsoft Office Suite skills, especially Excel
· Familiar with pivot tables, v-look-ups, formulas, template creations, etc.
· A self-motivator and natural problem solver
· The ability to multi-task and adhere to strict deadlines/timelines
· A team player
· Strong logical, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
· Extremely detail oriented
· Desire to grow within the Client Finance group
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law