Freelance Social Media Manager
J. Walter Thompson London – Job Located in London, England
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Freelance Social Media Manager to manage our clients’ social media accounts, projects and overall social media content and paid media. You will be responsible for overseeing reporting and community management as well as the creation and management of content calendars and managing pitchwork where necessary and leading/executing social media campaigns.
- Content Management
- Planning and managing content calendars
- Liaising with account management team/clients
- Ensuring efficient time delivery of calendars and assets
- Content Strategy & Creation
- Working with planning to ensure content is in-line with overall digital strategy
- Working with creative to create content that will perform well & achieve objectives
- Paid media management
- Advise on best ad formats on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Schedule paid media on content.
- Reporting on results.
- Oversee reporting & analytics – write, oversee and sign-off monthly, weekly and/or quarterly reporting with the Social Media Executives.
- Account/Brand Management & liaising internally with accounts teams.
- Managing work for pitches, compiling research and using expertise to prepare presentations and/or research documentation.
- Provide best practice advice and/or case studies to JWT teams.
- Keeping up-to-date on the latest social media news and platform updates.
- Provide support to the Social Media Director and senior planning team.
We would expect the candidate to:
- Have 3+ years of experience representing and acting on behalf of a large brand or organisation online, by participating in and responding to conversations in a timely and sensitive fashion.
- Have experience in creating and managing content calendars across multiple social platforms
- Have experience in managing paid media in Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Be a confident, articulate team player able to understand complex issues quickly and have an immaculate attention to detail
- A passion for digital and social media with a broad knowledge of all mainstream social networks
- Operating and managing social media listening and content management tools
- Be up-to-speed on the latest developments in social media, to rapidly recommend/adopt accepted best practice for clients.
- We’re looking for a people person who understands the digital and brand world. The candidate will be a natural communicator and an active listener and already participate in multiple social networks in both a personal and professional capacity.