Receptionist - Contract
J. Walter Thompson London – Job Located in London, England
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the face of JWT, reception is one of the most pivotal departments within the agency, leading the charge on enhancing how we are perceived by our clients, guests and colleagues.
Our mission is to deliver a stand out visitor and reception experience.
This is an exciting role for someone who wants to be at the heart of the agency in a fast paced and energetic environment.
The team is made up of 3 people (managed by the Head Receptionist), working on a rota system of two shifts; 8AM to 5PM and 9.30AM to 6.30PM.
Key deliverables for the role:
- Ensuring that all visitors and callers are provided with an exemplary welcome
- Meeting and greeting guests, taking responsibility for them up to the handover to the person they are visiting
- Ensuring phones are answered in a professional manner, dealing with queries and requests
- Maintaining a clean, tidy and professional reception area at all times (and adjacent meeting rooms)
- Room bookings/logistics for internal and external meetings – ensuring correct information regarding catering requirements / set ups, working in close conjunction with hospitality & the mail team
- Maintaining supply of staff passes in conjunction with the building security team
- Updating directories & databases weekly
- To keep continuous awareness of company structures and client accounts
- Ad hoc duties; ordering flowers, helping the social committee team etc
- Ability to provide a fantastic welcome to clients and staff alike, consistent good humour and ability to make everyone feel special and welcome when visiting JWT
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility to accommodate different situations and temperaments
- Confidence, sensitivity and diplomacy to communicate with a range of senior staff/clients
- Well-established organization, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A work style that supports and contributes to team-based goals
- Treats all people with respect and fairness
- Ability to perform under short deadline pressure
- Problem solving skills; evaluating and implementing solutions.
- Initiative and resourcefulness
- Persistence, drive and ability to work proactively
- Works effectively through job and organizational changes
- Deals constructively with frustration and stress, maintaining a professional and positive manner
- An understanding of the industry & creative environment
- Office skills (must include Microsoft Outlook)
- Smart appearance along with a high standard of personal grooming