Senior Project Manager (freelance)
J. Walter Thompson New York – Job Located in New York, NY
At J. Walter Thompson we create pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business. We have been connecting brands with consumers and creating engaging stories that shift behavior for over 150 years. We currently have over 200 offices in 90 countries that contain 10,000 of the brightest minds in the business. We owe our growing success to the adoption of a set of simple principles we refer to as the 4 C &apos:s: curiosity, collaboration, capability and courage. It is the embodiment of these traits that makes J. Walter Thompson unique. It is also what we look for in potential new hires.
At J. Walter Thompson, the Project Management group is in the driverÕs seat for how work gets through our office and out the door. Project Management is the hub that drives all teams and departments through the process of all project deliverables.
A Day in the Life:
- Collaborate with Account and Resource Managers, Creative and Producers to manage concurrent projects from the earliest concept stage to deployment and ensure all projects are flawlessly executed across a brand or campaign
- Develop and manage all day to day operations, timelines and budget reports to execute complex campaignsÕ Scopes of Work and ensure of appropriate stakeholders approvals
- Act as the primary liaison between Account Management and Creative
- Champion best practices in workflows to best suit projects, set expectations for project teams and enforce deadlines for deliverables
- Steward the agency process with ongoing monitoring, updating of processes and escalating updates and issues up to the Operations Director
- Partner with Resource Manager to forecast workload, allocate resources and talent and communicate with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Maintain an expertise of all action steps and responsibilities for all tasks within the creative development and production processes and ensure all deliverable hours and timelines are are included in all project briefs
- Partner with Account Management to monitor project progress to prevent scope creep
- Oversee the Project Manager to ensure accurate and thorough status reports and other key documentation
- Mentor, motivate and reward Project Managers during challenges, learning opportunities and successes
What You'll Need:
- Let's start with a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and 5+ years of experience in an agency or related environment. Surprise us with the equivalent! Pharma or Healthcare experience preferred.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office including Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and project managements tools (ie. Basecamp, Traffic, Microsoft Project, etc)
- Ability to effectively speak to Senior Creative staff and Department leads about highly technical matters and translate those concepts to our internal teams and clients
- A solutions oriented spirit and an ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Expertise in Print, Out-of-Home, Broadcast and Digital production
- The ability to break projects into small pieces Ð identify project requirements and deliverables
- An acute attention to detail and accuracy to ensure all materials are of the highest quality
- Curiosity and genuine enthusiasm about the advertising business, project management, emerging media and technology